Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accounting Intern is responsible for following the directions of Accounting Manager in all areas relating to the preparation of clients’ personal and business tax returns. This position will assist in (1) the timely and accurate preparation and review of all client personal and business tax returns. (2) At the request of the Accounting Manager will interact with other accounting staff in scheduling and delivering timely and accurate information. This position will work within the tight deadlines.
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNTING MANAGER
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
You have to work as part of a team, perform your assigned duties and behave in a professional manner. After all, your job as an intern is preparation for the time when you, too, can become like your supervisors and co-office workers in the very near future.
· As an accounting intern, you will be asked to perform jobs that include but are not limited to the following:
· Assist in the preparation of tax returns as directed
· Set up new accounts in the books
· Enter financial transactions in the books of accounts under the supervision of the Staff Accountant and / or Accounting Manager
· Assist in the preparation of internal reports
· Responds to inquiries from the Accounting Manager
· Work on special projects as assigned by Accounting Manager
In College or completed college with a BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
· Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
· Experience with working with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
· Ten key by touch required.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required